Searching for a Word in Rise

Jul 06, 2023

Does anyone know why the Search function in Rise courses won't locate words that are in a Button/Button stack block? Are there other spots it won't locate words?

We have recently rebranded and we need to replace ALL instances of a specific title with another. It's a very long and tedious job so I was hoping the search and find would help.... 

Any help would be great!

5 Replies
Gren Foronda

Hi Jamie!

A Search (Find and Replace) feature isn't available in Rise yet. We're tracking requests for this feature, and we'll let you know of any updates that can help!

Karl shared a solution that may help:
https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/find-and-replace-in-rise?page=2#reply-651154

Another workaround is to export the Rise 360 course (and the text labels) for translation, and use your translation tool to search and replace the text that needs to be updated. Here are more details on how to translate Rise courses:

Let me know if you have additional questions or clarifications!

Admin Account

Hi Gren,

Thanks for the reply. 

I do use the Search feature, but my question is more around why it does not locate the words in a Button or Button Stack feature? There are certain Blocks that for some reason don't work with the Search feature and I was wondering if there was a reason for that? We are finding we are missing a number of edits because of this.... 

Lea Agato

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on including answers and feedback when exporting Rise courses to PDF. We are tracking requests for this feature, and I've added you to the list! We don't have updates on this feature at this time, but we'll be sure to let you know if we make changes that will help!