Searching for Images in Rise

May 11, 2018

Sometimes I would like to use an image from Rise content library that I've used before.  I've tried copying the image file name and then pasting into content library to find the image, but it brings up many.  Is there a way to search by the rise image file name to locate an image?

Thanks!

Nancy

11 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Nancy,

I have certainly seen a feature request for more accuracy when searching Content Library and I'm adding this thread to the report.

I wanted to share my colleague Trina's process for honing in on the best photos or assets:

Start with a little word association since one word can mean a lot of different things. Let’s say I need a picture of someone falling for a workplace safety course. If I search “fall,” I end up with lots of images of waterfalls and fall foliage. But if I search for a related term like “safety,” I’m more likely to find something that works.

It can also help to think contextually to broaden your image options. Instead of searching for “boss” or “businessman,” I might search for environments or situations where you’d find those types of people. I’ve found that the results of this approach are relevant to my course and also help me convey the right feeling for my content.

In addition to her tips, she also wrote a great article here on searching for Content Library assets. 

Christine Garberg

Hi Leslie, I'm in the same boat as Nancy.  Unfortunately, your suggestion doesn't help you find the same image. different images seem to appear each time I use the same search words.

I want to be able to use exactly the same image.  It would be great to be able to copy and paste once you've already got an image in the Rise module.

It's wasting too much time trying to find the image again!

Thanks.

Anthony Karcz

Hi, Christine! Just popping in to recommend the Block Template feature

With block templates, you create chunks of reusable content from existing blocks that you can then use in other lessons or courses! It's easy and really handy (and saves you from having to recreate blocks over and over). If you know where your existing image is, make a block template of it and you can use it anywhere. 

Hope that helps! Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Catherynne Mattar

Dropping this here in case it helps others... if your desired image is in a Text on Image block, switch it to Image Full Width (or Image Centered, Image & Text). Now you can right-click the image to 'Open image in new tab' (in Chrome) so you can save it. Then upload it to your new block. Search on file name would be better, but this'll work.

Nahid-Nora Elhami

Dear community!

Is it possible that an image is removed from the library? Or that there is an algorithm not showing it anymore? I have tried all possible combination of words which I used few days ago, but I cannot find one specific image again for the cover photo? Once I found it back, I will for sure use all the helpfull recommendations above! 

Thanks! 

Nora

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Maddie!

Here's an easy way to access an image file you used in a previous Rise course:

1. Export the course for Web.
  2. Open the zipped output folder, and you'll find another folder called "assets." All of the image files can be found inside that folder. 
  3. Scroll through the images in the assets folder until you find the one you need. Move that image to your desktop.
  4. Upload the image to your current Rise course.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.