Send an email option in the interactive button block

Nov 09, 2022

Hi All,

I'm curious if there is a way to 'hack' the send an email option for the interactive button block in Rise?  Is there any way to make this variable from a list of emails? Or better yet, have the participant select an email to send to?

10 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Thanks so much for bringing this up, Erica! I'm noticing the same thing from my side. I'll be sure to share this with our Engineering team, and we'll reach out to you again if we get any updates on this behavior! 

In the meantime, you can add the email address in a text block, then hyperlink the email address using a mailto: link as shown below!

Karl Muller

Hi Jillian,

Send an Email using a Button Block

1. From an existing button block, click the Edit button or click the button whose label you want to change.
  2. Choose Send an email from the Destination drop-down list.
  3. Enter the email address in the field that appears. Have multiple email addresses you’d like to link to? Just separate them with commas.

Now, when learners click the button, a new draft email to the address(es) you specified is created by their default installed email application. The email subject line will be the name of the course.

Note: While it's possible, through the use of browser extensions and advanced settings, to open mailto links in web-based email clients such as Gmail, most learners will need an email application installed on their device.

Source https://access.articulate.com/support/article/Rise-How-to-Use-Button-Blocks

Jillian Clark

I have attached a link to the course in review https://360.articulate.com/review/content/f1e0b21b-35ed-4cb7-b052-fe18cf53b831/review

Sorry, nothing happens/opens. We use app email not web based Office 365 Outlook so that may be why the mailto doesn’t work.

* Started with storyline and java script that worked opens a new window with no content. Java script provided by someone else
* URL link in the text
* Email option in a button block with mailto
* Email option in button block with just email address.

Not sure if it is me that can’t use the software or our system that doesn’t allow but would love a solution.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this

Jillian Clark 

Karl Muller

Hi Jillian,

The Button block works for me, as it opened my Outlook desktop app, and created a new email message with the subject line of Test

The email address is preceded by mailto: which is not required.

Please note that when you reply to a forum post by email, that your email signature with all your petrosal information is posted to the forum.