Send Status from Rise via iOS App

Feb 06, 2017

Hi. We're looking into integrating an induction course built in Rise with a client's existing iOS app. So in theory the user opens the app for the first time and completes their induction. The questions I have are:

1 - Technologically speaking is this possible? It looks like it based on other threads I've read but I'm still not 100%.

2 - Can we send a completion status via the Rise course from the app? This doesn't have to be to an LMS system (it can be, but they don't currently have one), it could just be to a DB. I see custom Javascript can't be ran from Rise so not sure how this could work  other than using SCORM with an LMs system. 

Any info would be great, thanks all.

2 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi James, 

Rise is designed to be hosted in a web server, LMS or local output on your desktop - and I haven't seen any other examples of linking solely within an iOS app. Depending on how the app is set up, the web based or LMS option may work if you're able to link to those - but I don't know how it'll behave with opening the Rise course and it may look to open in a new browser window? 

As for the completion tracking, it's something that is included in the LMS published output for SCORM and AICC (Tin Can API is coming soon). I know one of our forums users, Zsolt Olah has done some interesting and creative things with Javascript and editing the content post-export so you may want to begin by looking at his work and reach out to him directly for any further specifics. It's well outside my area of expertise - but you're in good hands with the community of experts we have here! 

Best of luck with your project and we'd love to see what you come up with! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.