Smaller photos? Side by side rectangle photos?

Jan 26, 2024

I would like the photo grids improved. I'd like to be able to have smaller photos in Rise, side by side photos that are not square, and photos that are centered. Until additional features are added, are there any workarounds for any of these issues?

4 Column grid: I often want my photos small, the size of the 4 column grid. When I delete any photos, it automatically left aligns. How can I make the photos centered? When I switch to a 2 or 3 column grid, the photos are huge. The only workaround I can think of is to insert a plain white square into the 1st and 4th image, but it wouldn't work for 3 photos and its extra work.

Is there a way to do non-square images side-by side? I often want to compare photos that are rectangle side-by-side. I could edit the images to have extra space, but its extra work, and I think would have image quality issues.

Example: Three full body images, centered (rectangle, not square) of people side by side in an image gallery. Underneath each person, the caption has their title and a description of their uniform. I don't want to do a gallery in these instances because the learner needs a side by side comparison.

1 Reply
Steven Benassi

Hi Tracey!

It sounds like you're looking for more control over image size and placement when authoring in Rise 360!

I'm happy to share that we are tracking a feature request to give authors the ability to resize and arrange images and text within a layout. I've linked this discussion to the feature report and will provide updates if it makes it onto our Feature Roadmap.

Also, you had a smart idea by inserting blank images in the four-column grid block, however, that will affect the mobile view of the lesson. I'll open the floor to your fellow community members to share other ideas with you!