Sorting Block Issue?

Mar 30, 2022

Hello! Wondering if anyone else has had any issues with the sorting blocks in rise? Mainly, taking multiple attempts to drop the card in the right place? Or if you ever so slightly are outside of the drop target it bounces back. 

11 Replies
Digital Learning Consultant

Hi everyone, I am also experiencing this bug.  I have a course that relies on Sorting Blocks and 50% of my testing group is reporting an inability to click and drag the cards.  Apparently the card is released early and snaps back to the original spot.

I'm going to have to do a lot of re-designing to get round this! Please let me know when you'll be able to fix this bug! 

Karl Muller

Hi Remi,

We use Sorting Blocks in our courses, and we've never had a single report that this block type is not working.

So I'm curious why your team is experiencing issues.

If there was a widespread problem, there would be many posts here about this issue.

Karl Muller

Hi Pedro,

Interactive Sorting Activity Blocks

• Use the Tab key to select a category (drop target).
  • After selecting a category, use Tab and Shift+Tab or the Left and Right arrow keys to cycle through the categories.
  • Select the category that matches the item that’s currently displayed, then press Enter or the spacebar to move the item to the selected category. If the answer is correct, the item will move briefly to the category then disappear. If the answer is wrong, the item will shake briefly, then you can select a different category and try again.

Source https://access.articulate.com/support/article/Rise-Keyboard-Accessible-Navigation