Storyline 360 screen recording not scrolling when embedded in Rise

Sep 26, 2018

I have published a few Storyline 360 interactive videos to Articulate 360 and then embedded them into a block lesson in my Rise courses and haven't had any issues at all until now. I have a Storyline 360 interactive video that also has some "show me" links that jump to a scene which has a screen recording. When I publish to Articulate 360 it plays just fine in Articulate Review, but when I embed it into a block lesson in Rise, everything works except when I click the "show me" link the scrolling on the screen recording doesn't scroll. Any clue as to why the screen recording won't scroll?

14 Replies
MEDION  Academy

We seem to have the opposite problem: when embedding a screen recording in rise there is some extra space at the bottom of the recording which lets you scroll more than necessary. However, this only happens when using the modern player in articulate. Embedding the same screen recording with the classic player there is no extra space at the bottom!

Maggie Merino

Only the scrolling doesn't work, at the end of the video you see the arrow come in, but obviously it is pointing in the wrong place because it didn't scroll.

It's in the HIPAA lesson of the course. HIPAA Overview

https://rise.articulate.com/share/Xgk9CBdjDll-QRwvKz8WXoZLgS-x9jld

Here is where you can see it actually works when published to Articulate Review:

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/bf9cbfb0-1bdc-4cb3-bec4-d15b2ec1c0f0/review

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for that Peek - I can see that the screen recording stops on that slide as the mouse doesn't move to the far right to begin the scroll. I tested your Rise course that you shared earlier, and it was still working for me (as Leslie saw too). 

Could you let me know if you're able to refresh the page and see if that allows it to work? Also, you mentioned having a few colleagues test it, were they all on the same version of Chrome and on the same company network when accessing it? 

Maggie Merino

Yes, I've tried refreshing the page as well as closing it and nothing works. The only way I'm able to make it work is not to embed it into Rise and just link to the LMS. Everyone is on the same version of Chrome that tested it. What doesn't make sense it that it works on Articulate Review but just now when it's embedded into Rise.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for that added info. I'm trying to figure out what else could be different between our Chrome setups, as Leslie and I had no trouble testing your link and seeing the screen recording on the same Chrome versions. 

Have you tried any other browsers or even an incognito mode in Chrome? I'd also be curious to know what various add-ons you have enabled in Chrome. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.