Storyline Block acting as a pop up in rise

Oct 13, 2022

Hi All

I have an issue with one of my rise courses. I have build and put in several STL blocks to a page but when I view them on the rise page on a smart phone (Iphone) they "pop-up" once I activate/open them on the play-button that is a applied to STL on smartphones/tablets. It "follows" my scroll on the rise page which is fairly annoying and "locks" any other interaction. There is a small "x" in the top where I can close it, but that means I (and my learners) have to open and close every STL block and it really doesn't work well for the experience of the page. Plus I am not sure alle learners will get, that they have to do that. 

I attached a screen recording of the issue. Is there a way to just have the block stay in its position and avoid the open/close (that I missed)? I don't seem to have encountered this behavior before? (Granted I haven't made many courses like this).  

Thank you!

6 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Katherine! Sorry to hear that your Storlyline blocks follow you whenever you scroll on your Rise page on a mobile device. You mentioned that you have a recording of the issue. I think you missed adding it to your post. Would you be able to add it?

You can also share your course and the recording privately by opening a case here.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Anne Kathrine! Thanks for including that attachment! I wouldn't expect the Storyline slides to "float" on top of the Rise lesson like that. 

Could you please click here to open a case and send us the Share link for that course? We'd like to test it from our side to see if we run into the same problem. Thanks!