Storyline Block in Rise

May 11, 2023

Hi I am using the SL block in Rise and they work perfect on computer. However, the way they display on phones is odd and not 'mobile-friendly'. It opens in an overlay and there is an 'X' to close the overlay but the 'X' is mixing with texts&pictures that are in other blocks on the same page and hard to find, and the learner is then stuck in the interaction. The landscape is even worse as it is hard to scroll up and down to find the 'X' to close the window. I turned on the menu in Player and the X is in the white background now, but the white background took up a huge space on the page and when the user clicks the storyline block, it automatically jumps into the white space and they won't be able to know to scroll up to find the content and they will be stuck in that page forever. To be honest, I don't find any benefit in auto full-screen of the storyline block in Rise when the user clicks on it, as the actual content of the storyline is still small, in landscape mode, and has nothing to do with full-screen. I noticed that there have been similar discussions since 3 years ago about this. Is there any update to fix this?

Pinned Reply
Kelly Auner

Hi Kristen and Harri,

I have some great news to share!✨

We have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.78.30680.0). An enhancement that's included in this update:

•  Storyline blocks in Rise 360 courses now display full-screen on mobile devices when player controls are turned off.

To take full advantage of this feature, please update Storyline 360 to the latest version.

If you have any questions, please let us know and we'll be happy to help! You can reach out here or privately in a support case.

16 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Kristen, 

So sorry to hear that you are encountering this. Our team is still working on this issue. We'll update this thread once we make any changes. Thanks for letting us know!

We have a workaround while waiting for this to be fixed - you can add a Continue divider before the Storyline block. Please check out this video for the workaround. Hope this helps you!

John Morgan

Hi Kristen,

Great question! I understand the continue divider you added isn't working. I'd be happy to work with you to figure out why this is happening!

Would you be willing to share your course so we can troubleshoot? Here are the steps to do that.

1. After logging in, go to your Rise 360 dashboard.
  2. Hover over the course you'd like to share.
  3. Click the 3 dots button on the course.
  4. Click Send a copy.
  5. Enter support@articulate.com in the email field.
  6. Type "This course is for John Morgan" in the notes field.
  7. Click Send.

Thanks for reaching out and I look forward to your response!

Kelly Auner

Hi Kristen and Harri,

I have some great news to share!✨

We have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.78.30680.0). An enhancement that's included in this update:

•  Storyline blocks in Rise 360 courses now display full-screen on mobile devices when player controls are turned off.

To take full advantage of this feature, please update Storyline 360 to the latest version.

If you have any questions, please let us know and we'll be happy to help! You can reach out here or privately in a support case.

Angelo Cruz

Hi Matt! I see that you are already on the latest version of Storyline 360.

Did you publish your Storyline course and embed it into Rise 360 after you updated your Storyline 360 software? Would you be able to share the link to your Rise 360 course or the Storyline project file itself so that we can take a closer look?

You may reply to this thread or upload it directly to us by opening a support case here.