Storyline Blocks in Rise on Mobile Portrait

Jul 21, 2022

Hi, 

I have a few questions I'm hoping some experts can help me with :)

1. When I change the settings in Rise for a Storyline Block from small to Full width it doesn't seem to change when used in mobile portrait view? 

2. Also, when I preview in mobile portrait on a desk top, I can not play my storyline block? Most of my Storyline blocks have audio. In every other view I can play the Storyline Block, but in mobile portrait I cant. 

This is a real issue when most of our users will be doing e-learning on their mobiles, and we want to use storyline blocks for some content but the storyline block is so small on a mobile?  

Ive attached the mobile portrait of my storyline block before and after you press play, it would be great if it would stay the same size as before you press play whilst you are watching. 

Is this possible? 

Any help would be much appreciated 

7 Replies
Elizabeth Kuhlmann

Hey Adam! Great questions. The Storyline block doesn't preview in mobile view but I like to just send it to myself via email or instant message and actually try it on my mobile device using that Rise 360 share link. As for why the block is getting so much smaller, it looks like you still have your player menus and controls on in Storyline 360. Here's a quick before/after video for you to show you what you need to turn off in your player settings and the outcome!

Meta Bjerregaard

It would be nice to have the option of keeping player controls on (and working on mobile). In a lot of our courses, we still need the seekbar - and it works just fine when viewing it on a computer.
Our customers simply don't understand why we have player controls on videos but not on SL exercises, and then we have to explain that we can't have player controls turned on because then the SL exercise get's too small when viewed on mobile. So we can either choose to have player controls on and then it works perfectly on the computer or turn them off and then it works on mobile (you can actually see what's going on)... but then it's really annoying that there's no seek bar when using it on the computer - because there's a seek bar (player controls) on videos in Rise.
I know it's possible to turn on controls on the videos specifically in SL, but then you can't have any other elements (graphics or speak etc.) on that slide cause if you start and stop the video, it will get out of sync with the timeline of SL - and therefor out of sync with the other elements on that slide.
You could, of course, make one slide with the video and the following slide containing the exercise, but what happens on iPhone (not on android) is that if you make the video go fullscreen, it won't automatically proceed to the next slide with the exercise - even if the trigger is set to do so... So not that mobile friendly.
It would be great if we could keep the player controls but not have Rise scale the actual slide size down. The actual slide size should still fit the width of the course.

HP LIFE

Our team works with many keyboard-only users and so for us, accessibility for screen readers is very important. When we turn player controls off on our SL blocks, they work perfectly, however, the content on those blocks is not read by a screen reader. When we turn the player controls on, the screenreader works but the content shrinks to nearly half the size which isn't usable on mobile. It would be great if this bug could be fixed as it will optimize both mobile-responsiveness and accessibility for Storyline blocks.