Storyline in Rise: Embedded SCORM expands to full screen?

Mar 12, 2024

Hi, I have not worked with Rise for a while, and I dove into one of my courses today. I noticed that now embedded storyline assets in Rise open up to fullscreen when clicked. This is a cool feature, but I would like to not use it. On top of double scrollbars in my LMS, when this pops into full screen, users have to figure out how to "X" out of the asset when they are done.

I guarantee that 50% of my users will not be able to figure this out. :)

Please help me make it so it operates the way it did before - when they start a storyline asset in Rise, it just displays embedded where I put it, no expanding or "X" required to finish.

Thank you!

5 Replies
Rebecca Mogollon

So I just downloaded Chrome and it behaves normally in Chrome. I don't need to add a cover image to storyline assets (no black box with filename/play button), and when I begin the interaction, it just remains embedded. No expanding into full view and putting player controls vertically along the right side of the activity. Basically, perfect. So that means Edge made some update in the last year that changes how storyline works in Rise.

This news is catastrophic, because our company employees only use Edge - and all the buttons I've built into my storyline projects are literally non-responsive when you click them. In Chrome, it works fine.

Please help! I am very nervous.

Luciana Piazza

Hi Rebecca, 

Thank you for reaching out and sharing a further update with us!  

I was testing this setup using Chrome and was not running into the issues you shared. Since this is browser-specific behavior it is not something we can modify from our end. 

I’m curious to know if others in the community have experienced this behavior and can share what has worked for them.

Rebecca Mogollon

Hi Luciana- if everyone’s storyline assets for Edge users breaks, I think you should guys definitely look into it at least. Can you check some of your old assets in Edge and see if they are broken? You say there’s nothing you can do on your end, but surely you guys adapt as universally used browsers get updated? If you didn’t, then the software would not work in the future.

Steven Benassi

Hi Rebecca!

Thanks for following up and sharing the feedback. Sorry to hear you've run into this setback!

I've opened a support case on your behalf so our support engineers can share additional insight into this behavior. You're in great hands working with them and they should be reaching out to you shortly.

We can continue the conversation through your case to keep all information in one spot.