suppressing captions when hovering over an image

Oct 01, 2018

I sometimes use the caption space under an image for content about the image, rather than creating a new text block.

However, my client finds it distracting when that caption pops up in a box when they hover over the image with their mouse as they are taking the course.

is there a way to selectively suppress that caption action? 

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Meg! Can you share a screenshot of the caption you're seeing when hovering over an image? 

There is a space for caption text in most of the Image Block types, and that caption is always on-screen below the image (not just when hovering over the image). However, it sounds like you're seeing something different. A screenshot would be super helpful!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Meg,

Take a look at this quick video capture of what I'm seeing - it's that second caption that appears while hovering that you're hoping to get rid of? 

I also showed how it doesn't appear when you click to enlarge or zoom the image. I can let the team know that you'd like a way to remove the caption during hover, as that's not an option today. Let me know if you need anything else. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.