Survey Monkey

Jul 19, 2018

Hi,

I am trying to add a survey using Survey Monkey to the end of a Rise course as part of a compliance module.  When I upload it to the LMS I notice, because it is a weblink, people will be able to complete the course without completing the survey.   I don't want to move the survey to a different part of the course.  Is there any smarter way to do this whereby the course would not be complete until the survey has been submitted?

Thanks in advance,

Pam.

12 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Pam!

Did you include the survey as a link that opens in a new tab, or is the survey embedded directly in the Rise course like this example?

In that example, I used a Multimedia Embed block to embed the survey. Below the survey you'll see the iFrame code I used. You can use that same iFrame code, except you'll want to replace the URL with the URL to your survey.

<iframe src="URL HERE"></iframe>

Since the survey was creating using a third party tool, there isn't a way to restrict learners from moving forward until they take the survey. However, embedding it directly into Rise will encourage learners to complete it!

Bart Collart

Helpful thread thanks. I am able to get an embedded Jotform working for me.

The results look great on Desktop, however when viewing via iPad or iPhone, the form gets cutoff  I am unable to scroll down to fill out/complete the entire form.

I've tried specifying the size of the iframe with mixed results (<iframe width="560" height=“1600" src="https://form.jotform.com/90844364315155"></iframe>).

I'm looking for a solution that would allow users to view a long form on a mobile device.

https://rise.articulate.com/share/pxDDPrKyg6O_aMQgjQymh6iQtuOBGjXE

Jeffrey Levy

Hi, is there any update to this issue?

To enable scrolling on iOS devices, I need to add the following code before the iframe:

<div style="overflow:auto;-webkit-overflow-scrolling:touch"><iframe ...

Rise doesn't appear to allow the wrapping div to be added, only the iframe code.

Is there some other way to get scrolling working on iOS?

Thanks

Alyssa Gomez

Hey Jeffrey,

Thanks for bringing this up. We've logged this issue as a bug in Rise 360, and we'll let you know if we have any updates to share. 

In the meantime, some folks have had success embedding the content as a web object in Storyline 360, then inserting the Storyline 360 slide as a block in Rise 360. It's clunky, but you should see an improvement in the scrolling on mobile devices. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.