46 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Tim!

It sounds like you need a survey tool in Rise 360 that would allow you to add an ungraded survey question. That's not on our feature roadmap currently, but I'm happy to pass along your suggestion to our Product team.

In the meantime, I've seen other folks embed a survey from Google Forms or something similar to capture survey data from learners. Would that be an option for you?

Euan Hill

Hi,

I could be wrong, but I believe we've built a storyline block which can be used as a free text box and, though it doesn't show the responses within Rise, through javascript it does write the responses back to the LMS so it can be externally reported on.

If this would be useful, let me know and I can dig a little more to find out if I'm remembering correctly!

Jakub Roszkowski

Hi Karl, can you say a bit more. I think of doing the same. Its really disappointing that such basic function is not available. Which External survey do you use and have you found a way to integrate results from the survey with LMS? Also are you able to differentiate which completed survey belongs to which client? Thanks

Euan Hill

Hey Jakub,

I'll just reference my message above as it may be useful:

I could be wrong, but I believe we've built a storyline block which can be used as a free text box and, though it doesn't show the responses within Rise, through javascript it does write the responses back to the LMS so it can be externally reported on.

If this would be useful, let me know and I can dig a little more to find out if I'm remembering correctly!

Paul Tottle

I need a super simple survey question. It will serve as a self-reflection tool throughout the course that doesn't need to feedback to the LMS. Would be nice if there was a block with a 5 and 10 point scale. The knowledge check block can only do correct/incorrect responses and it's vertical, not horizontal. It looks like I'll have to build it in Storyline, but I'd prefer something that took up far less real estate on the screen.

Micah Liesenfeld

I created a work-around for self-assessments that only need situational feedback and not cumulative data. I used the Button Stack to create a "choose-your own adventure" for the learner that takes them to novice, intermediate, or expert remedial statements. The statements are sections within the course, so take note: Some sections will be skipped by the learner. You'll need to review your course to know how much of the course gets completed, then lower your export settings to this same completion percentage to ensure people get marked as completed.

Thomas Throop

I'd like to use Rise to build a form for a SME to use while evaluating the performance of a learner in a simulation environment. But am I correct in my understanding that there's no way to pass freeform text in an Articulate block "Survey slide" (or any other interaction data) to the SCORM output?  At least it's not passing any data from a block in a test course, only the responses to Quiz sections. 

Alternatively, is there any way to disable the score from showing at the end of a Quiz segment? I can potentially meet our needs by using freeform text quiz questions with no feedback.