Text scrambled in matching item in question bank

Aug 11, 2023

A customer sent us this screenshot of a matching item she's trying to complete in Rise: 

matching item with garbled text

I've never seen anything like this before, any idea why it would be happening and how to fix it? This is what should be being displayed: 

matching item with correct text

ETA info: the customer is using Chrome on a Mac.

3 Replies
Christopher Santos

Hi Julie,

I'm not experiencing this when I tried it on Chrome using my Mac computer:

Text on Matching Quiz

I was thinking maybe it has something to do with the size of the browser window.  But Rise is responsive, and the text adjusted accordingly in the matching box when I tried resizing the browser window.

Is she trying to access the course from an LMS or Webhosting server?  If you can access it, are you also experiencing the same thing?

Angelo Cruz

Hi Phil! I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.

Are using custom fonts on your Rise course? If yes, what custom font are you using? Have you tried using a pre-built font to see if the issue persists? If the issue persists with prebuilt fonts, we can take a closer look at your Rise course to see what's possibly causing the issue. You may open a case here and our support team will be more than happy to investigate further.

Our team may ask you for a copy of the Rise course you are working on. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.