Turn off "redo" function when quiz has not been passed

Mar 31, 2020

I created a little quiz with Rise. I implemented it in our LMS Saba and i do have the problem, that I would like to give the learners the possibilty to try the quiz for 3 times. I set that in Rise, AND in Saba. But those two systems work seperatly now. If the user fails the quiz, he has the opportunity to "redo" within the quiz created in Rise. If he clicks on that opition, Saba is not counting that as trial. I can do the quiz twice, close it and Saba counts only one trial. So I wondered, if it is possible to hide the "try again" option in Rise?

4 Replies
Elisabeth Mayer-Exner

Hi Alyssa, 

thank you for the tipp, that works fine. Now I do have the problem that the program recognizes the user, so the user closes the quiz, reopens it and gets straightly to the result slide. So he can not redo the quiz because its blocked from rise. Can i adjust a setting to restart the quiz when the program gets opened?

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for the update, Elisabeth! I do see how that could cause an issue. 

I wonder if Saba has a setting that would allow learners to reset the course and start over. I don't have experience with that LMS, but it could be something you can ask your LMS administrator about.

Otherwise, it sounds like you'll have to go back to 3 quiz retries inside of Rise 360. Rise 360 sends the most recent quiz score is sent to the LMS upon exit. For example, if they pass it, then fail it, then pass it again, only the final pass would be reported.

For learners who try to retake a quiz after closing the course, what happens depends on your LMS. Usually, the LMS allows them to retake the quiz only if the course wasn’t completed. If they took the quiz and completed the course, they most likely won’t be able to retake the quiz.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.