Undo for Rise

May 20, 2020

Just lost a whole lesson on Rise, complete with media and questions. The lack of an undo button has never been so frustrating. I have a deadline tomorrow. This reminds me why I never want to use Rise.

Literally crying. Why is there no undo button or version tracking? Couldn't catch the 3 seconds undo prompt.

Pinned Reply
Alyssa Gomez
Hi everyone! We've improved the visibility and functionality of the undo notification that appears when you delete blocks and lessons.

The new undo notification appears for 12 seconds with a timer indicator. If you need longer than 12 seconds, hover your mouse over the notification to pause the timer. You'll also see multiple notifications when more than one block is deleted.

Let us know if you have any questions about this enhancement!
21 Replies
Melissa McDaniel

A revision history would be beneficial as well. I started with a copy of an existing course and I am beside myself with accidentally deleting the wrong lesson. If I could just go back to the version from the end of the day yesterday ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­

I submitted a feature request.

Alyssa Gomez
Hi everyone! We've improved the visibility and functionality of the undo notification that appears when you delete blocks and lessons.

The new undo notification appears for 12 seconds with a timer indicator. If you need longer than 12 seconds, hover your mouse over the notification to pause the timer. You'll also see multiple notifications when more than one block is deleted.

Let us know if you have any questions about this enhancement!
Karl Muller

Hi Sabrina,

Not sure what you mean by "box"? Are your referring to a block within a Lesson?

If you delete a block within a Lesson, you have a short period to UNDO the deleted block as shown in the video below.

As soon as you delete a block, the UNDO bar/button appears in the bottom left corner. If you hover over the bar, the countdown timer pauses. If you click the UNDO button, the deleted block is restored.

If you take no action, the block will be permanently deleted once the timer runs out.

Chris Roetzer

Keepin' the undo thread alive... I think we'd love a delete "trash can", right? How about Undo's cousin, Redo? Users deleting away here left and right and, unless we emptied the trash, no tears and strokes since we can dig in the trash to pull out that lesson or media we love after all or deleted in error... Undo nirvana :)