update Rise course but keep old share link url

Sep 03, 2018

Hi, I have made changes to an existing Rise course but wanted to keep my old share link (as I've embedded the link into documentation across several areas).

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

3 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi Stephanie!  Your Share URL will still work even after you've made edits!  You don't have to do a thing.  👌 Edits will be visible after your learners (or stakeholders) refresh the web page. 

The exception is if you've exported your Rise course for LMS or web.  Anytime you make changes, you'll have to export your course again and upload the new version to your LMS or web server.  I would expect that your link will be the same in that situation, as well, since you're just overwriting the content.

Let me know if you're seeing something different!

Alyssa Gomez

Hey Stephanie!

If you've provided the Share URL to learners, they should see the most up-to-date content by simply refreshing their browser page. I know you mentioned you found a workaround, but we want to make sure your Share link is working as it should! We can help you investigate this further--simply send us the link by clicking here. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.