Upload a SCORM file into Rise?

Mar 25, 2019

Hi Heroes

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to upload a third-party SCORM file into a Rise module. We have permission to use it and to host the course in our LMS, I just want to include it in an overarching module alongside several other in-house built modules.

36 Replies
Guy Martin

I have a course made in Rise.  I would like to add a SCORM course that was developed by a third-party vendor into the Rise course.  I know I can add it if I have the Storyline file, then publish to Review, then choose that as interactive media in the Rise course - but how can I do it if I don't have the original SL file?

Paige Tracy

Hello All, I am also exploring the question posed above by Rachel and Guy. I have the Scorm files from a third party and permission to host them in our LMS. However, they are broken into 8 modules and I would like to upload them as Rise blocks so that they can be delivered as one training. What was determined from the conversation above? Did anyone discover a solution? 

Thanks

Jessie Bernal

I have same question. From what I understand, we cannot import/embed the SCORM zip file into any programs for Articulate 360 (Rise, SL, Review, etc). The only thing we can do is find an HTTP website to host the SCORM or use our LMS. Is this correct? Is there any other platforms that hold SCORMS? I'd like to be able to upload the SCORM to the website, then use a share link to embed into Articulate 360. 

Jessie Bernal

My end goal is to fix synchronization issues between the LMS and the SCORM. It is not recognizing the results/completion setup. Therefore the learner cannot move on to the next course. 

If I embed the SCORM into Rise/Storyline/webpage it will get rid of this issue. 

1. Purchased SCORM from a 3rd party...assuming Storyline or Captivate.

2. I want to use Rise or Storyline. 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Jessie, thanks for clarifying! 

Some LMS's won't receive completion data unless you include an Exit Course link inside your Rise 360 course. Crystal shared more detail about that in her post here.

There are two ways you can add Exit Course functionality to your course:

1. Add a button block, and set the button destination to "Exit Course."
  2. Publish the course for LMS, and on the publishing screen, toggle the "Exit Course" link to ON. 

Test the Rise 360 course again in your LMS, and let me know if the completion data is communicated correctly!