Uploaded PDFs no longer open in a new tab - what happened?!

Apr 25, 2023

I have an online PDF Library that I've created in Rise, and I use the unique links that each uploaded PDF is assigned to hyperlink and embed these files into other courses.  As of today, anytime I add a new doc to my PDF Library, it no longer opens in a new window with a unique link, it just automatically downloads, and this is no bueno for me.

Did the settings in Rise recently change to have PDFs automatically download, as opposed to opening automatically in a new tab with a unique link?  If so, I need a way to turn it back into a link that opens in a new tab - otherwise I'll have issues with every course that I've hyperlinked these docs to.  Thank you.

Pinned Reply
6 Replies
Michelle Grove

Hello,

I am having the exact same issue.  Previously when clicking on an attachment block that has a pdf uploaded the pdf would open in a separate browser tab with a unique URL (i.e. https://articulateusercontent.com/rise/courses/AXgw5Moq5odZzzYWwAqOsTychYg46Kry/v-sfl_wS9cVgLEtv-GMA-POL-23%2520v2.0%2520approved%2520with%2520effective%2520date.pdf)  Now when I click the attachment block it downloads the pdf instead of opening a new browser tab with the document.  I have tried in both Chrome & Edge and checked the settings of both browsers and they are set to open pdf in the browser. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.