Uploading Rise content to Articulate Online

Mar 30, 2017

Has anyone found a work around for this issue? I looked through old discussions and it appears that as of several months ago you could not do this - I'm wondering if there has been any update on this feature. Would be a really nice feature to have in Rise.

Thanks in Advance

14 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Mike!

Thanks for your post. Rise courses can be exported for an AICC- or SCORM-compliant LMS. Just open your Rise course for editing, click Export in the upper right corner of the screen, and choose an LMS specification. Also, we are working on big improvements for Rise, including Tin Can API (xAPI) support. You’ll see that rolling out soon!

And thanks for taking a moment to let us know that you'd like to have the option to publish to Articulate Online; it's really helpful for us to know how in-demand that feature is. You can always share your ideas here in ELH or send them along to our product team as a Feature Request.

Lawrence Williams

We tried using Storyline + Rise, inserting Rise as a web object, then uploading the Storyline file to Articulate Online.  That worked OK, but what we realized was that our courses were pretty basic (content + quiz), and all we need to track is the quiz score, so what we're trying now is:

• Develop in Rise
  • Build a quiz in Quizmaker
  • Upload the quiz to Articulate Online
  • Insert a link to the quiz in the Rise course
  • Post a link to the Rise course on our intranet site

Technically it seems to be working.  I won't know when someone reads the content, but again for our purposes we just need to track a score and we'll have that.  

I actually think our learners might appreciate being able to review content outside the LMS, and just logging in for a quiz at certain key points (new hire, annually at recertification, if there are performance issues).

Sherrie French

I'm confused.  Alyssa's first response says to Export, then choose an LMS specification, which then creates a zipped download.  Lawrence said he inserted the Rise course into SL as a web object, but how?  I don't see that there is any file from my extracted zip that is recognized as a possible web object.  What am I missing?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Sherrie!

If you're looking to embed a Rise course within a Storyline web object, follow these steps:

• Export a "No LMS - Web Only" package.
  • Extract the zip package, and upload it to your web server. (If you don't have a web server, Amazon S3 is a great option.)
  • Copy the link to the index.html file.
  • Paste that link into a Storyline web object.

Give it a try, and let me know if you need any help along the way. 😁

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Will. To be clear, it isn't on our roadmap to add the ability to upload Rise 360 courses to Articulate Online. Our slide-based e-learning output from Storyline and Studio still publish directly to Articulate Online, however.

To track learner activity in your Rise 360 courses, exporting for a learning management system that is SCORM compliant is your best bet!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi folks!

We heard you, and we are excited to tell you about Rise.com, the new enterprise-class online training system that your employees will love. Rise makes training easy to create, enjoyable to take, and simple to manage. You can create courses, enroll learners, and distribute, track, and analyze your training all in one system.

Publishing Storyline 360 courses to Rise isn’t supported yet, but we’re working on it. In the meantime, Storyline blocks in Rise 360 courses continue to work when you export the courses to Rise.com.

To learn more about Rise, please visit Rise.com.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.