Urgent ! Problem of Translation in Rise !!

Hi everyone,

We've got some problems importing the XLF translation file in Rise, we have the right files and when we import them, it says that the files have been imported successfully, but the course still hasn't changed and stays in his original language.

Has anyone met this problem already? Or does anyone know how to figure this out?

Thanks so much to everyone!!

 

10 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Fangxu and Académie du Service,

I’m sorry that you’re having some trouble here.

The quickest way to resolve this issue is to have our Support Team take a look. You can submit a case here. Make sure to include the following so they have all the info they need to help you out:

  • The exported .xlf
  • The .xlf they are trying to import.
  • Information on the tool (if any) they are using for translation.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Sundeep M

Hi All,

 

Has this issue been resolved? Did Articulate support provide a solution?

 

We're encountering the same issue as noted by other users above. We have a sample localized file but nothing changes when we import it into Rise, eventhough the message says that the import was successful.

 

Thanks,

Sundeep

Allison LaMotte

Hi Sundeep,

In most cases we've found that people run into this issue when they try to manually translate the XLIFF file instead of using translation software. XLIFF files are complex and often when people try to manually translate them, they don't replace the necessary text in order for the translation to import correctly. If you've tried to translate the course manually, that's likely what's going on here.

If you used translation software, please reach out to our Support Team so they can take a look. You can submit a case here.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Nicole Legault

Hi Alexander, 

Sorry you've run into this issue. Articulate does not recommend any specific translator.  

You might want to have our Support Team take a look. You can submit a case here. Make sure to include the following so they have all the info they need to help you out:

  • The exported .xlf
  • The .xlf they are trying to import.

Hope this helps :) 

Hi Nicole.

Due to the nature of our contents (confidential), we can't share the files externally. The transition from xliff to xlf caused a lot of issues in our translation process. We now had to use an external vendor to do the translation for us since our internal translators cannot process xlf. I hope Articulate can figure this out soon and come up with file format that is universal and does not require its users to spend a lot of $$$ to translate their contents.

Anthony Karcz

Hi, Alexander. I'm sorry you're having trouble with the exported XLIFF files. It's odd that your internal team isn't able to process them. The recommended file format for XLIFF files is .xlf. They're one and the same.

Any translation tool that can read an XLIFF file saved as .xliff should also be able to read a file saved as .xlf

I'd recommend hopping on the line with our support team to see if we can figure out if something else is causing the issue. Head here to get a case started and we'll get you back on track.