Using Rise for building tester courses

Jan 10, 2019

Hello,

I have been championing the use of Articulate Rise in our university and now buying several licenses to develop learning resources with this software.

We plan to launch a tester course so that potential students can self-assess if they have the entry level to join our course and I have the following questions I would like to share with you:

1) The trial license that I used to present the case study does not keep a record of the sections of the course that a user has completed once the user closes the pop up window. I publish a Rise course as a scorm package and I place this package in a Blackboard Learn course. 

For potential students who don't have an account in our VLE, we will host the Rise package directly  in the cloud, but it would be useful if, somehow, Rise could keep track of the sections that the user has completed without creating any additional account.

2) Does the educational license of Rise support digital badges/certificates so that a user can download and/or print any evidence of course completion?

Many thanks for your help. 

Kind regards,

Mari Cruz

3 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Mari,

Thanks for posting here.

We’re so glad that you’re enjoying using Rise.

Unfortunately, the only way to track progress and resume from where the learner left off in a Rise course is by using an LMS.

Rise doesn’t currently support certificates and badges but our team has a feature request logged for this ability and we’ll add your voice to the discussion!

Please reach out if I can help with anything else - I’d be happy to help.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.