Versioning in Rise 360

Apr 24, 2024

I am working at a highly-regulated organization, where I have created a library of 75+ courses in Rise 360 and using Review 360 for approval.

The organization has updates they want made to the existing courses; therefore, I need to come up with a versioning strategy. In Storyline, I always just suffixed the date at the end of the file name but Rise is different.

I thought about adding a date to the Rise Review published version or to the SCORM file but I'm not sure that auditors would be able to easily audit the various versions of the courses.

Does anyone have a "best practice" or recommendations for a clean way of doing this in a highly regulated environment? I appreciate any advice.

Thanks so much.

1 Reply
Nicola Fern

The problem with the Rise title is that the name of the 'file' is the name of the course throughout. I tend to create a copy for a backup when doing major revisions, and change the name to reflect this. Additionally, I put a version and last updated statement together with the copyright notice at the bottom of the course description, like in the attached snippet.