Videos Not Playing in Firefox?

Jan 06, 2024

Good day,

I'm using the latest version of Firefox and my videos here, starting with the Welcome lesson:

https://modus.markallanholley.com/ATI/TrainingRise/start.html#/

Don't play at all. The error message is, "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported."

Works fine in Chrome and Edge.

I'm new to eLearning design and anything by Articulate. From what I understand, you can't use the authoring tool itself in Firefox either. I'm older, (48), and have been using Firefox for a long time, but I've been switching everything over to Chrome. I suppose that this gives me one more reason. : )

3 Replies
Eric Santos

Hi Mark! Thanks for sharing that using the latest Firefox version and clearing your browser cache resolved the issue! Clearing the browser cache is always a good troubleshooting step for problems with browser-based applications like Rise 360. 

If you spend a lot of time online or have been visiting websites for a long time, you may build up a sizeable cache. Clearing the cache frees up some space, may speed things back up, and helps solve issues like the one you encountered with the video.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know here in the E-Learning Heroes Community or privately in a support case. We'll be happy to assist you!