3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Leasha,

That's a great question! I'd like to clarify the difference between a web package and a LMS package, and when you would use each of those options.

• Web package: If you select 'No LMS—Web Only', Rise will export a zipped file that you can host on your web server. From there, you'll get a URL that you can share with learners. 
    When to use it: If you don't need to track data and you don't have access to a LMS, this is a good option. Also, the learner will always resume to the beginning when the course link is revisited. 
  • LMS package: If you select 'SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, AICC, or xAPI', Rise will export a zipped package you can host on your LMS. Learners can then log in to the LMS and access the course from there.
    When to use it: If you want to track course data, and you want to give learners the option to resume where they left off in a course, this is a good option.

I hope that clears things up for you! Let me know if you have any other questions about that. 

Leasha Carey

So if we wanted to track course metrics we can only do that by launching it via an LMS?  Do you have a solution available to track metrics from a large scale roll out not on a single LMS?  I'll explain what I mean... Our company wants to create training for our customers that would be contained within a Rise course (just in time learning or a full scale training.)  We are an LMS company with many clients and we we want to have all of our clients to have access to the training.  We could give them a link to access it on our server but then we would miss out on the data, correct?  We just need the capability to see who is accessing it.

I hope this makes sense.

Has anyone done anything like this before? I think it's an awesome tool to train users on system training in a complete training environment with resources.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.