When using a colored background on title block in Microlearning, color shows in backgrounds of other blocks

Mar 23, 2023

When creating microlearnings, I'm using a Heading text block for the title at the top of each section(1st block). Below that I typically have a white text block with a short description (2nd block). When I add another block (3rd block) and then go to preview, the color from block 1 somehow covers part of block 3.

It seems like if block 2 is short, the background of block 1 goes into block 3. But block 2 is never effected. Sometimes adding additional spacing in block 2 fixes it but sometimes it doesn't. 

Has anyone else experienced this or know of a fix?

Pinned Reply
7 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Rachel, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into this behavior. 

I tried replicating the issue on my end by adding the following, but I wasn't able to replicate the behavior:

• A text block containing just a header with a red background for the first block
  • A normal text block with a white background for the second block
  • And a normal text block with a white background for the third block

You can take a look at my sample course that I used for testing here. Can you share the share link of your course with me so I can take a closer look at how it was setup and check to see what's happening? Feel free to open a case with our support team here if you prefer to share a copy of your course in private. 

Jose Tansengco

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for the additional information. I was able to replicate the behavior using the additional steps that you shared. I've reported this as a bug to our engineering team so they can take a closer look at what's happening. Here's a quick look at how we tackle bugs for your reference. We'll be sure to let you know if there are any new updates to share!

We appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention, and we're very sorry if this has slowed you down in any way.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.