Why does the 'matching' knowledge check limit to 2 lines?

Jun 22, 2020

When I create a knowledge check matching type I find it really difficult to fit in the words I need to say in the space, because after so many characters it just crops and refuses to allow more text. Why? 

Here's an example where it crops important details from my distractors. 

If i go over to storyline and create a single slide activity and try to recreate the question and embed it as a storyline interaction instead, I have to battle with a whole other bizarre set of restrictions in the built-in drag and drop types - like you can't modify the height or font properties (well, you can but it won't show them). It too has the same bizarre height restriction but now to alleviate that problem it just makes the font illegible.

I don't see why Rise has the two line limitation. If I go into the developer tools in my browser and fiddle the elements to make them taller or add more text, the dragging interaction still works and everything wraps properly. I'm having to resort to recreating the interaction from Rise in plain old javascript and embedding them as an iframe (and then hosting that somewhere).

11 Replies
Zyta Padala

Same here! It's a huge issue in quizzes added at the end of the course, where it's impossible to use Storyline element as one of the questions. It sometimes forces me to use Storyline to build the entire eLearning while it could've been done much quicker in Rise. I cannot ask my stakeholders to shorten their matching prompts, that would be ridiculous.

Just make the font smaller for longer matching options. In this case, functionality should be more important than questions looking "awesome".