XLIF Files has content that does not belong

May 07, 2020

Hi, 

I often reuse an exiting course to build a new course as the structure repeats. I then just replace the content. 

As I am testing translation uploads I noticed that one of the XLIF files had text that was not related to the current topic but left over from another topic. 

I also noticed that other XLIF files keep old text,  even if I corrected the text and replaced it with something else. 

Thanks for your help

Gloria

8 Replies
Terranova 1

Hi Phil, 

Is this a bug in Rise? 

This will cause a lot of translation issues if there is leftover text in the XLIFF that does not need to be translated. 

When building a course it is very common to test a block, delete it, add a new block, enter some text, format, change, delete, add new text.  If all the original text and edits remain as part of the XLIFF ( which in our experience, is happening) then I will have translation source files that have a lot of necessary items to translate. 

Is there a best practice when building a course so as not to have this extra text in the code? 

Phil Mayor

Yes, if you know translations are part of the project try and be a bit cleaner in production, that said Rise does not help as a lot of the content is prepopulated and I have seen requests for a filter to be applied to see when any of it has been left in ( I have left a text block in with content in a communication course and never noticed and it is embarrassing).

We can do some of it and I hope Articulate make the export better and not include invisible text.