Seekbar Not working in HTML5 Output after publishing in Articulate Studio 360

Mar 05, 2017

Please help

6 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi Vishy.  Thank you for letting us know what's happening!  We've identified a problem where the seekbar and the play/pause button are not responsive when viewing the HTML5 output of an Engage interaction when it is a part of a Presenter course.  For now, the workaround is to publish with Flash first (or only), as the Flash output is working normally.

I'’ll let you know as soon as we have an update on this issue.  Thanks so much again for letting us know, and I'’m sorry if it’'s slowing you down.

Heather Beaudoin

Crystal, I just posted a similar question and entered a support ticket (haven't seen a response to either yet).  https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-presenter/presenter-360-player-settings-issue-with-seekbar-play-pause-volume-and-issues-with-ppt-crashing  

Even though my course doesn't use Engage, I still tried your suggestion to publish as Flash/HTML 5 instead of HTML 5/Flash, and the play/pause button appeared without the seekbar as it should. I'm assuming since it defaults to Flash, the responsive player doesn't work? That is one of our requirements for our content, so this workaround isn't an option.

I just wanted to give you some more info that this issue is not just related to Engage. Is this bug fix on the roadmap in the near future? Thanks!

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Heather!  I'll jump over to your other thread to have a look.

I see a case from yesterday, and from Wednesday.  The one from Wednesday looks like it has been assigned to an engineer on our support team.  Yesterday's should be soon, as well.

I'm sorry for the wait time on those- lots of interest and new users in 360, so our case volume has grown a bit, recently.

I'll make sure those cases get handled, and I'll have a look at your other discussion:

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-presenter/presenter-360-player-settings-issue-with-seekbar-play-pause-volume-and-issues-with-ppt-crashing

Heather Beaudoin

Thanks... I wasn't complaining... just making sure you knew I posted and submitted so multiple people weren't spending time on my issues/questions. I'm sure you guys have gotten swamped. I remember when Gabe and then Brian could answer all the forum & support questions each day.  :) You guys are doing a great job with the growth!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

Great news!  We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes that you'll see in the release notes here.  

The item you'll be interested in is how we fixed an issue where the seekbar and play/pause button wouldn't work properly in HTML5 output for embedded Engage interactions.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each of the 360 applications. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.