Articulate ribbon icons not displaying well in ppt2007

Sep 23, 2011

Hi,

I just did a new installation of Artiucate'09 (presenter and quizmaker) on my pc and in ppt2007 the Articulate ribbon icons do not display nicely. Some of them have a black area around them, some have a white area around them, but the all seem to work (see screen capture below).

Any suggestions on how to solve this ?

5 Replies
HEIDI VERMEERSCH

Hello David,

I am using Windows XP as operating system. Could you give me the instructions on how to change my display settings to 32 bit ?

All other ribbons in the powerpoint 2007 look fine. All my other application ribbons look fine as well. It is only the Articulate ribbon icons that have this issue. So I hope that by changing my display setting to 32 bit will not affect my other programs.

David Burton

Heidi,

Our icons were developed at 32 bit color. Changing the system color depth will not affect functionality for an other app and in fact might look slightly better. Please use the instructions below to adust this setting in Windows XP.

Because the menu options and controls in Windows XP can be customized individually, instructions are provided for both the default and the Classic views.

1. From the Windows desktop, select Start | Control Panel.

...or if using the Classic Start Menu...

Select Start | Settings | Control Panel.

2. Click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display.

...or if using the Classic View in the Control Panel...

Double-click Display.

3. Click the Settings tab.
4. Click the drop-down button in the Color Quality field and select 32-bit.
5. Click OK.

Note: If 32 bit is not listed, either your display card or current display resolution does not support 32 bit. Try lowering the display  resolution (ie: 800x600).

I hope this helps!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.