Articulate Studio 9 - Error Code 120

Apr 21, 2015

I've recently inherited several Articulate courses from another instructional designer that I now have to upload into my company's new LMS (a SuccessFactors product). When she originally published them, they were published for CD and web, not for an LMS. When I go into the original files to republish them for the LMS as SCORM 1.2, I receive Error Code 120 (see attached).   I've tried publishing them several ways, renaming conventions, restarting my computer, publishing them from the external drive and the computers hard drive (they were saved in both places), and nothing. I still receive this error. 

Does anyone know what the issue is? Any help would be appreciated. 

6 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Rebekah!

That message might indicate one or more of the following:

• The location to which you are publishing is Read-Only.
  • You do not have sufficient privileges to write to the selected publish location.
  • There is not enough available disk space to publish the presentation in the selected location.

You might need to select a publish location that is not Read-Only, or increase your available disk space. It is recommended that you coordinate with your IT staff to correct these issues.

Please also be sure that you've installed, and are running Presenter, as an administrator. 

I would also advise that you check out this article.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

If you're using Microsoft Windows 7 with all the latest updates installed, you may see the following error when you publish an Articulate Presenter '09 course:

There was an error copying player files. Error Code: 120

This issue was fixed in Update 11 for Articulate Presenter '09. Install the latest version to take advantage of the new features and fixes, then republish your course.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.