Bookmarking

Mar 25, 2016

Hello – I created a course in Articulate Presenter and placed it into my Staging site. I’m testing it on my laptop and an iPad. It doesn’t appear to be bookmarking the course as I’m moving through it on my laptop. It IS, however, bookmarking on the iPad.  Why would that be if it’s not bookmarking on my laptop?

Please see attached: In the Player, I checked the box “When running in LMS, ignore Flash cookie” as I assume that means the LMS will control the resume behavior. Is that correct?

I found this advice from a previous post on bookmarking from 2 years ago.  If it's still the same, what I did above should be allowing the course to bookmark.

------------------------------------------

The bookmarking feature is tied to the "Resume" option in Presenter '13.

If your LMS supports bookmarking, mark the box labeled When running in LMS, ignore Flash cookie. The LMS will control resume behavior in this scenario.
If your LMS doesn't support bookmarking, uncheck When running in LMS, ignore Flash cookie. The Flash cookie will control resume behavior in this scenario.

---------------------------------------

Thanks!

6 Replies
Sheri Schaffer

Thanks so much for your quick response, Leslie - really appreciate it!!  I'm viewing the course on our LMS's staging site.  It's not bookmarking.  I just tested the course in SCORM Cloud and it IS bookmarking there.  Do you think that means that it's just something with the Staging site, and once it's moved to the Production site, it will be fine?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.