Branching

Jul 12, 2012

Hi,  I am having a problem branching slides on a course.  I am using Windows 7, Powerpoint 2010, and Present '09.   In Slides Properties, I specify which slide needs to go where but when I publish the course, they all go to the same slide.  It is a long course but I have other slides in the same course that branch and  work properly.  Any suggesstions on how to fix this is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

11 Replies
Peter Anderson

Hey Melissa, 

Well, this may be a long shot depending on how you've configured the course and whether or not the issue is related to Finish buttons on your quizzes, but you may find that the Finish button in a quiz branches to the wrong slide in a Presenter '09 presentation if you have hidden some slides in PowerPoint.

This is a known issue. You can correct it by changing the quiz properties in Presenter to exclude any hidden slides. For example, if you want to branch a user to Slide 5 in your presentation when they fail a quiz and if you have hidden Slide 3 in PowerPoint, then you would need to set "When user fails, 'Finish' button" goes to Slide 4. Here's why:

Slide 5 (the desired destination in PowerPoint) minus one hidden slide (Slide 3) = Slide 4 (the actual destination in Presenter)

Note that this issue occurs when you have hidden slides in PowerPoint, because slides that have been hidden in PowerPoint do not get published into a Presenter presentation. However, you will not encounter this issue when you hide slides via Articulate > Slide Properties, because these slides do get published into a Presenter presentation (and are only hidden from navigation).

To learn more about setting quiz properties in Articulate Presenter, see:
http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/?p=19

If that doesn't apply to your course, we'd be happy to take a look at your files and try to understad what else might be happening. Are you able to share your project files?

Peter Anderson

Hey Melissa, 

Would you be able to send us your files so we can take a closer look at what might be going on with your course, and try to help make it work? Please create an Articulate Presenter package, then upload the zip file to our server. You can review how to do this here: 

Send to Articulate Presenter Package – Articulate Presenter ’09 Help

Upload the resulting zip file from your computer to our server using this upload form: 

Articulate Support - Upload Your Files for Review 

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.