Error in slide view when publishing

Jan 14, 2013

I am getting an error where the transition from the "no slide bar view" to standard view is cutting of the left hand side on the slide in the published file (see attached screenshot). What is strange is if I click on the arrow back button to begin the presentation again, the error corrects itself.

My player template is set to standard. In the slide properties, the first slide is set to no side bar and the second slide is set to standard. I can publish a number of files and it publishes correctly. Then, all of a sudden a presentation will have this error.

I have checked to see that I am using the correct PPT dimensions

I can use the same player template on a different file and it seems to be hit or miss to whether I get the error. I have double check all the setting across PPT files and they seem to be the same.

8 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Rachel,

Thanks very much for the screenshot!

Does this happen when you're previewing the presentation, as well, or just after publishing?

If it only happens after publishing, are you viewing the local published content or have you uploaded the content to an LMS or web server? Also, what web browser are you using?


Christine Hendrickson

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for getting back to me and thanks for the additional information

Since this is happening when you're previewing, I just want to make sure that the content you're working with isn't located on any external sources. Try to make sure that you're working from your hard drive and not from a network drive, USB drive or any other external source. 

If you're sure the content is local, we'd be happy to take a closer look at what's going on the with the file. 




I've got the same problem !! Did you find any solution?

A few weeks ago, when I worked under Windows XP and Office 2003, I didn't have any problem.

Now I work under Windows 7 and Office 2010.

If I try to publish again an old module, the issue occures (actually, not with all the old modules...).

And of course, I have about 100 old modules to update...

Help !

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Isabelle,

Since you're working on a different system, it shouldn't be a caching issue. 

Here's one of the solutions shared with Rachel from our support department:

To troubleshoot the issue, try to republish your project but this time around try to change your Player Template to a default player (example: E-Learning Course [Single-Level]). Publish the course. 

If this works, try to customize the default player to your preference and then republish your file again. See if this resolves the issue. 

If this doesn't resolve the issue on your side, we may need to take a look and see what's causing the problem. 

Please create an Articulate Presenter package by following the steps in the following article:

Send to Articulate Presenter Package

Attach the .ZIP file to the second page of the following form: 

Submit a Support Case

Please be sure to include a description of your issue and also include the URL for this thread in the case. Also, if possible, please share the case number with me, so I can follow up with you in this thread. You're welcome to share the case number in this thread, or send it to me in a private message.


This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.