Fuzzy images in Powerpoint 2010

Oct 01, 2012

Help! My screenshots are publishing extremely fuzzy in PowerPoint 2010!

I'm on Windows 7, 32 bit and I have PPT 2003 and PPT 2010 co-installed.

This is only a recent problem (last week or so). Everything was fine previously.

And before you suggest that my images aren't the right size, etc... I've been publishing super-crisp images out of Articulate/PowerPoint 2003 for years. Moreover, I can publish the EXACT SAME presentation in PPT 2003 and get crisp images, but if I close the file and open it/publish from 2010, those same images are extremely blurry. 

Any suggestions?

8 Replies
Peter Anderson

Sorry for the trouble, Renee. Are you able to send us your files so we can do more thorough troubleshooting? Please create an Articulate Presenter package, then upload the zip file to our server. You can review how to do this here: 

Send to Articulate Presenter Package – Articulate Presenter ’09 Help

Upload the resulting zip file from your computer to our server using this upload form: 

Articulate Support - Upload Your Files for Review 

Thanks!

Old User

Thanks for responding, Peter. 

I just uploaded an Articulate package for you to look at. I really hope you can help!

Today - for the first time - I am also starting to have the same problem publishing in 2003! Same blurriness!! I can get it to go back to crisp (only in 2003) by deleting and re-importing the images... it doesn't always work and simply is NOT an acceptable workaround. I have thousands of images and callouts in over one hundred presentations- and several presentations that I need to get out the door immediately and have features that require me to publish in 2010!

I've tried everything I can think of: Reset Picture, re-importing a fresh crisp image, sending images straight to PPT from SnagIt, experimenting with different resolutions, nudging the images so their x and y positions are whole numbers, using jpgs gifs and tifs, cropping and reverse cropping (larger boundaries), restarting my computer, closing every other application, uninstalling and re-installing flash player, 'repairing' Office 2010, checking and un-checking every setting in every Articulate menu (I've published over 60 different 'versions' with different settings), changing any and every setting in PowerPoint options that even remotely have to do with images, the list goes on and on..... I spent over 12 hours yesterday alone trying to solve this.

I simply cannot be productive at my job if I can't publish a clear presentation! I really hope this can be solved easily!

Old User

Peter-

I haven't heard anything from Jonathan, and I've now spent another two whole business days trying to solve the problem.

I have also discovered that the problem is not an isolated case... My coworker is experiencing the same blurriness. 

I've tried uninstalling all of the Office updates from the last month, and had no success there either.

Is there a way we can escalate this to find a solution faster? I cannot do my job and have wasted at least 30 hours of company time on this.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.