Lost Audio

Mar 08, 2012

I just lost audio again. It had been working just fine - I actually had two previous support desk tickets on this same project. I have my file on my c:drive and I'm also following all of the other recommended tips to keep this from happening.

I notice in the project.log file the following (this is just an excerpt from the middle of the log file):

RF: XT -\quizmaker_288\quiz_content\_WindowClose.mp3 - 0
RF: XT -\quizmaker_288\quiz_content\_ControlClick.mp3 - 0
RF: Read folder - \quizmaker_288\quiz_content
RF: Read folder - \quizmaker_288
XT: Project extraction completed successfully.
Renaming SFNs to LFNs.
== END : 08/03/2012 11:33:55==
OPF: ID-APMsg-6
OPF: Uses project file.
OPF: Contains reference to previous PPTA.
OPF: Project file found in referenced folder.
OPF: Renamed existing project on disk as Family medical leave act-old.ppta
OPF: Copying associated project - C:\MYPROJECTFILES\PPT\FMLAWFMLA.ppta
OPF: Error --2147467259 Presentation (unknown member) : Failed. at 1420
OPF: Project already open.
OPF: ID-APP-6
OPF: Uses project file.
OPF: Contains reference to previous PPTA.
OPF: Project file found in referenced folder.
OPF: Renamed existing project on disk as C:\MYPROJECTFILES\PPT\FMLAWFMLA-old.ppta
OPF: Copying associated project - Family medical leave act.ppta
OPF: Project already open.

The time stamp shown (11:33:55) is almost the same time that is on the -old.ppta file that was created. Cany anyone explain what the error messages in this project.log file mean? 

Thanks,

Melanie

8 Replies
Aminda P.

I've been going through this post as I just lost audio on two projects.  I've realized it it because of changing the file name.  I've been going through the instructions on how to restore audio... but haven't gone very far as I cannot find the -old.ppta files.  If the -old.ppta file are not saved in the same C: drive folder that the renamed files are in, does that mean that none were generated? Or is there somewhere else to look?

Thanks! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.