Lost audio files

Jan 31, 2015

I record my audio onto a slide, save, and close.  I preview it and it's there, but when I want to go back in and edit it, there's nothing there. 

When I go back to preview it, the audio still plays.  Why can't I edit it after I've recorded and saved?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Bruce, 

I can understand how frustrating it is to lose those audio elements especially after doing a lot of work on your project file. Were you able to look into the troubleshooting steps I shared a few years earlier? Also what version of Presenter are you using?

I'd be happy to help figure out what is causing the problem in your files, and our Support Engineers are also around 24/7 to take a look at files and work through other troubleshooting! 

Jim Powell

I have the same problem, it's like walking on egg-shells.  I have found an unhappy medium and that is whenever I'm working with Articulate 360 or any of it's products, I turn off dropbox (and anything else backing up or indexing files in the background) until I'm done working (be careful not to restart dropbox until you've exit any applications that could still have hooks into the file.  Knock on wood but I've been able to go three months now without corrupting a file due to leaving a pptx/ppta file open while dropbox is trying to do something with it behind the scenes.  Fingers crossed.  I thought that articulate 360 would be a collaborative tool, but not so much.  It has some rudimentary functions but even articulate "review" doesn't really help as it won't allow links and images to work while reviewing the file (Articulate says there's a way to do it if all the supporting files are in the same directory as the pptx/ppta but I have 75+ articulate training programs and over 50,000 supporting files and segregating all that into each pptx/ppta having it's own directory would be a nightmare.  Good luck to you. Articulate is a good product except for the whole collaboration thing.  Jim

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.