msxml3.dll causes a 404 error on LMS

Mar 26, 2013

We are a long time user of Articulate products (currently using Presenter '09), but we have never come across this particular error.  The course functions perfectly when played individually, but when it is placed on our client's LMS, it throws 404 errors for a seemingly random selection of viewers.  

For most viewers, everything plays fine, but there are an increasing number of reports of 404 errors.  The problem is resolved when the msxml3.dll file is registered on the computer in question, and it does not reappear unless somehow the .dll file is unregistered again.

This project is for a very large corporation, so registering the .dll files on each affected machine as it occurs is impractical.  Has this issue ever popped up?  Or a similar issue related to this msxml3.dll file?

Thank you for any help or insight you can provide!

1 Reply
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Blake. Welcome to the community!

I'm afraid I haven't seen anything tied to that particular .DLL file, before, nor can I find any information regarding that file. 

Would you mind testing your course in SCORM Cloud to help us determine if the issue is Articulate related or if it's on your LMS's side?

If it appears in SCORM Cloud as well, we'd be happy to take a closer look at what might be going on. Please create an Articulate Presenter package by following the steps in the following article:

Send to Articulate Presenter Package

Attach the .ZIP file to the second page of the following form: 

Submit a Support Case

Please be sure to include a description of your issue and also include the URL for this thread in the case. Also, if possible, please share the case number with me, so I can follow up with you in this thread. You're welcome to share the case number in this thread, or send it to me in a private message.

If you can't replicate the issue in SCORM Cloud, it's probably an issue that you'd want to take to your LMS team. The articles here and here may also help clear up common LMS issues.

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.