Power Point 2007 stops working

Jun 15, 2012

I am experiencing an error when I am syncing animations within the Articulate tab.  Every time I sync animations Power Point stops working.  I can go through the whole process with the slide I am working with, then the file does not get saved when I try to preview or publish it, and I get the error message about Power Point not being on.

Anyone have any suggestions?   Bob

3 Replies
Peter Anderson

Welcome to Heroes, Bob, and sorry for the trouble. 

Can you give these troubleshooting steps a try and let us know if it helps resolve the issue? If that's not exactly the issue, do you mind providing a little more information about the exact steps you take to replicate the problem, or provide us with a screenshot of an error messages? Thanks!

Bob Cole

Thanks Peter.  I had started copying the slides from the problem file to a new file when I got your message.  I continued copying, then imported the audio (thank goodness I saved it as I did it using Audicity...by the way it is a great program, thanks for recommending it. It seems I'm working again.

The problem could have been that I used Windows 7 with PowerPoint and Articulate to start the project, then worked on it at home on an iMac with PowerPoint only (same version).  The swapping of files with the computers, one with Articulate and one without Articulate, may have caused my problem.  I won't try that again just in case I'm right!

Peter Anderson

Thanks for checking back in, Bob. Really glad to hear that you're back on the right track And yeah, that doesn't sound like a very stable workflow because saving your files anywhere beside a local drive, opens the possibility for corruption. Not to mention, the PPTA file almost certainly got separated from the PPT file at some point, which is a red flag.  

Anyway, glad you're back on track! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.