Problem Web Publish - lose changes between publishings
This has happened to me and several of my team members and vendor partners, and it is a costly and time consuming issue. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen frequently and to different users at different times on different PCs. None of us share a PC. None of us share connectivity in the same office. We all installed our Articulate Studio 09 applications independently, and at different times. The problem seems to be within the Articulate tools. I will describe my issue from today, it is identical with the issues experienced by my peers. This is lengthy, but then I've lost an entire day of production, so bear with me please...
Today (and not the first time this has happened to me or any of us), I'm updating a course - 10 modules with a number of topics per module - Engage and Quizmaker interactions etc. I am replacing all the text content in the course:
- I click the 'Edit in Engage' button from Presenter, my Engage interaction(s) open
- I edit in my changes, preview my interaction(s) to validate ... then 'Save and Return to Presenter'
- In Presenter I can see my changes reflected in the normal PowerPoint view... all text changes
- I do an interim Publish to the Web option, as I proceed through the Modules of my course - publishing to validate after each Module (because I now know Articulate is going to lose my changes at some point)
- Here's the good part... after the first publish my changes are intact
- I publish to Web again after another Module has been edited... this time 'some' of my changes did not stick, so I 'Edit in Engage' again... validate... re-publish... All my changes stick this time
- I edit another Module, and another, I publish to Web... this time ALL of my changes have disappeared from my published Web version... BUT I can still see my changes in the PowerPoint view of Presenter, and when I open the Engage interactions independently, Engage has maintained my changes.
Can anyone please explain how and why this happens? Please advise us how to prevent this from happening. Again, this consistent (ill) behavior of the tools has been experienced by 5 of us, at different times, on different PCs, in 4 different offices. There have been multiple occurances of this for all of us within the last 6 months... most recently for me - today. Please help if you know how. Thanks.... JB