Publishing to Word

Aug 29, 2013

I am trying to publish a course in Presenter that has multiple Engage Interactions as well as Quizzes.  When I pick Storyboard for the output, it just spits out pictures of the slides with the notes section but doesn't have the text of the Engage Interactions or Quizzes printed out.  This has worked for me in the past and now suddenly its just showing the thumbnails of the slide with no text printed below.  \

Can anyone help me with this??  I am desperate!

15 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Dawn and welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

If you’ve added any Engage interactions or Quizmaker quizzes to your course, their content won’t be included in the Word document. You’ll need to publish each interaction and quiz separately from Engage and Quizmaker, respectively.

You can read more about that here.

This would make a great feature request.

Dawn Ramerth

So my co-worker was able to publish them all together and for some reason wasnt able to replicate it again.  

I have about 22 courses and each of them have that many or more engages/quizzes within them.  

I would like it to be able to print out like the attached example.  It will take me SO long to publish all of them separately and that is not an efficient way to edit.  Is there any way they can print in the storyboard format with the 3 columns?  I know that used to be a possibility.

I am desperate!

Dawn Ramerth

Yes that was Storyboard, not presenter notes.  Each time I try to publish in storyboard it comes out a different way.  Sometimes it looks like what I showed you, other times its 3 columns, but the only columns populated are the slide thumbnail.  So this was never done in presenter notes.  Also neither me or my coworker can replicate it 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Dawn! 

You'll need administrative privileges to enable inactive add-ins, not sure if that's why you are unable to do so. You can read more about that here.

I'm not sure why the inconsistency on your Storyboard printing is occurring, and you may want to follow up with support and package your course and submit it to us.

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Kevin,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Can you tell me a little more about your project and what's happening when you publish for Word > Presenter notes?

First, do you have any additional formatting applied to your notes? If so, please try removing the formatting and see if that resolves the problem.

Also, try to make sure you're working with all local project files. Make sure the initial project files are local, as well as the publish destination for your Word document. 

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names (this includes spaces and underscores).

Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article.

If you still have trouble with this, are you able to share the project here, or recreate it in a new file that you can share? 

Articulate Support - How to Create an Articulate Package

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Diane Anderson

I'd like to re-activate this old thread. I frequently have individuals requesting "hard copies" of the elearning courses I create. Sometimes they want to have them attached to the course to be able to refer to later or take notes on etc.

Another need/benefit to being able to print out a hard copy of the entire course is to pass around and collect feedback on changes that need to be made to update a course (either pass around an electronic or paper copy).

The issue, I working on now is trying to provide a hardcopy of training created using powerpoint and engage interactions.

The only way I know to create the package is to do the following:

1. Publish the articulate file to word.

2. Publish each individual engage interaction to word.

3. Merge the engage created word files into the main project word file.

I'd like to be able to create the complete file (that way all the engage interactions are in the correct order and merged into the right spot in the document.

Any suggestions? Or do we need to submit this a request?

Thanks for any feedback. (I don't think I am the only one that would benefit from this.)

Christie Pollick

Hi, Adam -- You are correct. To the best of my knowledge, if you’ve added any Engage interactions or Quizmaker quizzes to your course, their content will not be included in the Word document. You’ll need to publish each interaction and quiz separately from Engage and Quizmaker. Please see additional details here, and you are welcome to share your thoughts with our Product Development team using this feature request form.  :)

Adam Hain

Thanks Christine,

I'll fill out a product request, but I do have an alternative suggestion I made to the faculty member that I can share.  Instead of publishing all the docs and merging them,  I'd just copy the content from the engage slide into the notes section of the placeholder slide in presenter.   That way I can just do one publish from presenter and everything is  there.   The content can be copied into presenter as you work so the process isn't so onerous. 

Thanks again!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.