slide properties

Jul 25, 2011

Hello!

I was hoping someone could help me out. Everytime I try to go into slide properties to make changes to branching etc, it will freeze, load for ages and then not save any of the changes I have made and I have to end the program. At the moment it just keeps loading and won't let me in there at all. I have tried disabling the articulate tab and reactivating, as well as checking for updates and still no luck. This also happened on the last module I worked on. If someone has any advice on what I am doign wrong, or if something else could possibly be causing it, I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks so much!

8 Replies
Jenise Cook (RidgeViewMedia.com)

Brian,

Thank you for the links, and even though I've read the KB articles, etc., this "freezing" of Slide Properties continues to be a big problem and a huge time waster (I don't bill my clients for the time spent, but it sure take a bite out of my day).

I turn off WiFi. I disable my anti-virus SW, BitDefender, and I close down everything else.

There are 118 PPT slides in the client's deck, and Articulate Support has told me not to have Slide Properties open longer than 10 minutes. So, I watch that as well. I make changes, click and close to save. Open, (wash, rinse, repeat) etc., and it's just not a good workflow. And yes, sometimes I have to disable and enable to AP ribbon several times and that's not acceptable.

I have submitted a support case, and I just think this is an on-going issue that needs to be addressed ASAP in the up-and-coming Studio upgrade this year.

We invested in high-end PCs summer of 2011, so I know our computers have the latest and greatest. It seems AP 09 needs to catch up to 2011 or 2012 now.

It is a very frustrating issue, and I hope Santa gives us a break with the next upgrade.

Thanks for listening.

@jenisecook

Daniel Brigham

Hi, Lisa and Brian:

It freezes up on me, too. I think it's just that nature of the beast on some of our machines. What I do to minimize the problems is not working in slide properties more than a few minutes. Do you slide properties stuff slide by slide -- not at the end in one fell swoop. That has the worked for me. Best, Daniel

Justin Wilcox

Jenise Cook (RidgeViewMedia.com) said:

Brian,

Thank you for the links, and even though I've read the KB articles, etc., this "freezing" of Slide Properties continues to be a big problem and a huge time waster (I don't bill my clients for the time spent, but it sure take a bite out of my day).

I turn off WiFi. I disable my anti-virus SW, BitDefender, and I close down everything else.

There are 118 PPT slides in the client's deck, and Articulate Support has told me not to have Slide Properties open longer than 10 minutes. So, I watch that as well. I make changes, click and close to save. Open, (wash, rinse, repeat) etc., and it's just not a good workflow. And yes, sometimes I have to disable and enable to AP ribbon several times and that's not acceptable.

I have submitted a support case, and I just think this is an on-going issue that needs to be addressed ASAP in the up-and-coming Studio upgrade this year.

We invested in high-end PCs summer of 2011, so I know our computers have the latest and greatest. It seems AP 09 needs to catch up to 2011 or 2012 now.

It is a very frustrating issue, and I hope Santa gives us a break with the next upgrade.

Thanks for listening.

@jenisecook

Hi Jenise.

Sorry to hear about the difficulty. What is your case number? I would be happy to escalate your case to my senior level team so they can take a closer look at your issue. There is an open issue with Slide Properties which you can learn more about here:

http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/kb/?p=3404

If you think there is something else going on, we can certainly take a closer look.

Justin Wilcox

Daniel Brigham said:

Hi, Lisa and Brian:

It freezes up on me, too. I think it's just that nature of the beast on some of our machines. What I do to minimize the problems is not working in slide properties more than a few minutes. Do you slide properties stuff slide by slide -- not at the end in one fell swoop. That has the worked for me. Best, Daniel

Hi Daniel.

There is a known issue with leaving the Slide Properties open for an extended period of time so your workaround would be the correct thing to do if you run into this issue. You can learn more about that here:

http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/kb/?p=3404

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.