Studio '13 compatibility with Microsoft Office 2016

Oct 10, 2016

I was tapped to participate in a MS 2016 pilot.  It has been an exercise in futility ever since.  Won't PDF, shuts down whenever it feels like it, but today was the final straw ... I can't publish my course and have tried 4 times.  Does anyone else out there use 2016 and if so do you have any problems or suggestions?  I searched on the Articulate home site for compatibility but it isn't shown.

7 Replies
Ali Goulet

Hi Sue,

Sorry you're having so many issues running Studio 13 with Office 2016! I can certainly understand the frustration. The good news is that Office 2016 is fully supported with Studio 13. That being said, are you having these issues with any file you work on using Presenter? Also, are you currently running the latest update to Studio, update 8? If so, I would recommend running this repair on your software to fix this erratic behavior. Keep me posted on how that goes! 

If you run into any issues, or you continue to experience these problems after running the repair, you'll want to reach out to our Support Engineers directly by way of this form. They'll be able to troubleshoot with you further to get to the bottom of this as quickly as possible. If you go this route, you can let me know your case number here and I'll be sure to follow along as well. :)

Sue Cordell

Thank you for your response. I did run repair and am using update 8. I am convinced the problem is 2016. Articulate isn't the only one giving me problems. I just "dumped my bucket" on whoever the brain was who thought we should switch. And I'm not the only one ... PPT won't PDF either stand-alone as designed, or using specialized software I purchased at my own expense just for that purpose. Additionally, Skype and Jabber sometimes work and sometimes don't; can't always access the internet/intranet; Outlook gives problems and I'm learning that numerous other people are having the same problems. I am convinced the problem is 2016, and nothing else, but you gave me some relief by saying you support it!

Again, thank you!!!

Sue Cordell - VO
Sr. Information Developer
sue.cordell.ext@nokia.com
614-890-1384

Ali Goulet

Oh my, that does NOT sound like fun at all! I'm glad this info brought you at least a little relief though :)

I also just wanted to let you know that replying via email includes your signature in the comment. You're welcome to pop in here and edit that info out if necessary.

Good luck with everything Sue, and please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support Engineers for the Articulate specific related issues so we can at least get one thing working properly for you! 

Sue Cordell

Apparently I was happy "too soon." Everything else is working with Office 2016 EXCEPT Articulate. I still cannot publish. I have reloaded Articulate, I replaced every piece of Smart Art with either a photo or "from scratch," I have rebooted the PC and PowerPoint numerous times. I have a deadline for this course of today. Can ANYONE help please?

Sue Cordell - VO
Sr. Information Developer
sue.cordell.ext@nokia.com

Ali Goulet

Oh no Sue! Sorry you're still having issues with publishing. At this point, I would go ahead and follow these instructions for your OS version if you haven't done so already.

As I mentioned previously, if you continue to experience these problems after going through those steps, you'll want to reach out to our Support Engineers directly by submitting a case. They'll be able to troubleshoot with you further to get to the bottom of this as quickly as possible. If you do go this route, you can let me know your case number here and I'll be sure to follow along as well. :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.