text formatting

May 23, 2013

Having some difficulty with text formatting after I publish my course. Admittedly using old versions of Articulate, but that's what I have to deal with. I have Articulate Presenter 5 on my own PC and when I publish for web, I don't seem to have a problem. I have copied the files to another (company) PC that has Articulate Presenter Pro 5 and I publish them for LMS. Now, I keep seeing stray boxes on the slides. It looks like they are at the points where a paragraph mark would be - except I can't view paragraph marks in PowerPoint.  Has anyone encountered this or has a way to fix this? (Don't know if this is related or not, but we had to run the Articulate Flash 10 Updater in order to get the course to run at all and I'm wondering if this is an artifact of that.)

3 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Welcome to the community, Heidi!

How are you viewing the presentation on the other machine? You mentioned you're publishing for LMS, but are you uploading to the LMS before viewing the published course, or are you viewing the published output locally?

If you view a published Presenter '09 presentation on your local hard drive or send it to someone else to view on their local hard drive, you'll encounter security restrictions from the computer, web browser, Flash Player, and network that'll cause various features of your content to fail.
To properly test your published content and share it with others, upload it to the environment for which it was published. Please review the following article for details:
Let me know if uploading the course to a server helps with the presentation.
Thanks and welcome again!
Heidi Learn

Hi! Thanks for the response.

Yes, I uploaded the presentation to the LMS which is where I first noticed the problem. I tried removing the formatting (backspacing through bullet points) and adding the bullets back in – then republished and re-uploaded, but still the same problem. At this point, I was going to just try opening the presentation on the local computer to save all of the re-uploading (I’ve already got 7 versions of this course in our test LMS because of all the issues I’ve been having). I’m seeing the boxes on that version, too.

Christine Hendrickson

Good morning Heidi!

Thanks for getting back to me :)

So, it doesn't appear this way when you're actually modifying the file in PowerPoint or Presenter, correct? You may want to try clearing your web browser cache, or try viewing the course in a different web browser. It may be a simple issue of caching the course (from viewing it so many times for testing) and hopefully that will resolve the problem.

If that doesn't help, you may want to confirm you're using the correct DPI settings on the machine. Articulate Presenter ’09 is only supported with a system DPI setting of 96. If you're using any DPI setting other than 96, you'll encounter erratic behavior in the application and the published output. Here's how to check and change your DPI settings.

If the project still has formatting problems, we'd be happy to take a closer look at the project. Please create an Articulate Presenter package by following the steps in the following article:

Send to Articulate Presenter Package

Attach the .ZIP file to the second page of the following form: 

Submit a Support Case

Please be sure to include a description of your issue and also include the URL for this thread in the case. Also, if possible, please share the case number with me, so I can follow up with you in this thread. You're welcome to share the case number in this thread, or send it to me in a private message.

Thanks very much, Heidi!

Christine

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.