Upgrading Studio Courses to 360, Player Missing

May 05, 2017

So, not super crazy about the slow publish process and larger published SCORM file sizes, BUT, I am LOVING the new synchronize-and-adjust-on-timeline feature! I wish Storyline had this same capability...it's the best of both worlds!

Question. When I upgrade a Studio 13 Course to Studio 360, the players don't seem to come with it. The custom players don't appear and the only player showing is the standard "presenter player." I guess I could unload Studio 360, load Studio 13, export player, reinstall 360, and import player...but I'm missing something, right? Is there a better/easier way to do this? Maybe the XML files exist somewhere already on my hard drive and I can just import them??

Thanks!
Keith

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Keith,

Thanks for bringing this up! I tested upgrading a Studio '13 file to Studio 360, and I also saw that the player settings did not appear in Studio 360:

Studio '13:

Studio 360:

From here, I’ll meet with my team to take a closer look, so that we can verify this is a bug. Sometimes my team catches errors in my logic and we don’t have a bug after all. Of course if that’s the case, I’ll let you know!

Thanks so much again for letting us know about this, and I’m sorry if it’s slowing you down.

Ali Goulet

Hey Christina!

Sorry this has been slowing you down.

The great news is that this issue was fixed in a recent update to Articulate 360- so no need to re-create!

To update, just launch Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Studio 360.  

If you're still seeing this issue after updating, please let me know! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.