Video Encoder: Input: Audio & Video ... Output: No Audio! :(
(reposting -- as I realized I posted on an "answered" post!)
OK ... having slightly similar issue but alas no "Encoder" subcategory under "Products" so I'm coming here ... hope someone can help.
GOAL: Take my .MOV file and convert to Flash (via Encoder) in order to pull into an Articulate Presenter WBT. Here's what I did:
- Took the original .MOV file into Encoder and when I play it: no sound. Rats.
- Tried again: took original .MOV file into Handbreak ... converted to .M4V (trying both codec MPEG-4 and H.264 (x264). Took both into Encoder and then play (audio and video) fantastically.
- Publish each one using pre-set "Large" Setting and no joy: video is spiffy but audio is gone.
- Tried adjusting the audio settings under the "Custom" section and nothing improves the situation: talking head is still silent.
- Tried taking original .MOV file in Handbreak and republishing as .MVK format (the only other option aside from .MV4) but Encoder doesn't take this.
- I downloaded every codec I could find via other posts on the "old" site noting stuff at http://www.free-codecs.com/download/3ivx.htm(although the MainConcept Showcase Tom recommends I could not find on that link).
I'm at a loss here ... any tips or suggestions are VERY VERY appreciate!!