Branching in Quizmaker

Nov 18, 2012

I have a problem with branching in Quizmaker.  What I am trying to achieve is:  when the learner gets the correct response, they automatically go to a certain slide number.  When they get an incorrect response, they go to a blank question slide which has a graphic for them to review. 

What is happening is, when they get a correct response, a Correct box with three choices appears - Finish, Retry Quiz, and a third button behind the I can't read (see image attached). 

Any help appreciated.

Michelle

9 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Good morning Michelle,

I took a look at the screenshot you posted and I can see the third button that's behind the other two options. Are you able to post your .quiz file here, so I can take a look? You can attach it by using the little paperclip icon in your response. 

If you would like to keep your presentation private, I completely understand. If you'd like, you can submit a support case with our technical team and attach your .quiz file to the case.

I'm also curious to see what might be causing this. If you do open a case, please share the case number with me (either in this thread, or in a private message) and I'll follow along with the progress of the case. 

Thanks!

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for getting back to me! However, I'm not seeing the overlapping buttons you showed earlier in your screenshot. 

Here's what I see:

I've temporarily published the quiz so you can take a look here.

Are you inserting the quiz into Presenter, by any chance? Or are you using the quiz as-is, standalone?

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for getting back to me! 

I was able to find some information that might help with the overlapping buttons:

You may find that the "Finish" button, the "View Results" button, and / or the "Retry Quiz" button are overlapping on the feedback dialog for the last question in your quiz if all of the following criteria are true:

• Your quiz includes branching.
  • Either the Pass Result Slide or the Fail Result Slide is enabled, but not both.
  • Your quiz is embedded in a Presenter presentation.

This is a known issue. Please review this article for solutions.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks again, Michelle!

Michelle Childs

Thanks for that Christine.    Unfortunately, I am doing all of the three above!      I have enabled the Results slides, which I didn't really want showing, but my problem now is that if the Correct response is given, I click on the Finish button and it doesn't take me to the next slide.  Have been mucking around with this all morning, and am just about pulling my hair out.  Help!!!

Christine Hendrickson

Good morning Michelle!

Oh no, not the way to start the morning! I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this. If you'd like, we can take a closer look at what's going on. Since you're inserting the quiz into Presenter, it will probably be best to create a Presenter Package to send to us. Once you've created the package, please open a support case with us. Please include the package in the case.

I'd really like to know what's causing this. If you can, please share the case number with me, so I can follow the progress of the case.

Thanks!

Michelle Childs

Thanks for your response Christine.  I ended up redesigning the question, but the Finish button still didn't work when I previewed it in Presenter.  I discovered that when I published it however, it did work.  Funny, because I have a  number of quizzes in this elearning module and haven't experienced this problem.

Thanks for your help,

Michelle

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.