Exiting quiz after 1 correct answer sends 100% grade to LMS

Aug 24, 2022

I have quizzes created in Quizmaker that are set to prevent the learner from leaving the quiz before they finish it but if they answer one question, then click the close button on the course player, a score of 100% is sent to the LMS. Am I missing a setting somewhere to make the score that is sent based on all the quiz questions and not just the ones answered?

3 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

I recommend testing your course in a different LMS so we can isolate if the behavior you're experiencing is specific to your LMS. You can check out this article which explains how to test your course in SCORM Cloud, an industry standard LMS that we use for troubleshooting: 

If you are able to replicate the behavior in SCORM Cloud, please upload a copy of your Quizmaker project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening. 

Let me know how it goes!

Dave Fisher

I can see the same grade calculation in my SCORM Cloud test, in Absorb, and in Moodle. It calculates only the slides that are viewed and sends that as the percentage score. One correct answer sends a score of 100% as opposed to 10% which would be 1 of 10 questions answered. 

Jose Tansengco

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for sharing a copy of your project file. I can confirm that I was able to replicate the behavior on my end by answering just one question correct and exiting the course, resulting in a 100% score reported to the LMS. I went ahead and opened a support case on your behalf so our support team can take a closer look at what's happening. A member of our team will be in touch with you shortly!