SCORM results not recording (seemingly) sporadically
Oct 10, 2011
The company I'm working with is deploying Quizmaker quizzes nationally, and we're having a very unexpected problem. First, the layout of what we're using and how we're deploying it:
- Scorm 1.2 export
- Custom LMS built by our company
- Being taken by users around the country in computer labs built for learning: the computers are locked down within an inch of their lives, but I don't think it's hardware or settings, as quizzes work MOST of the time on them.
- 5 - 10% of the time, quiz results don't record in our LMS. Sometimes it will show that the quiz was taken, but the LMS doesn't seem to receive the result. Other times, there is no record at all. And 90% of the time, it works fine. The apparent unpredictability is diabolical.
- Our programmer thinks the problem may be in the "cmi.core.score.raw" parameter bringing back an inaccurate score of 0. He has diagnostic code up on the server, but we haven't got enough data yet to diagnose.
- Doesn't happen to any user all the time, so it doesn't seem be related to user accounts on our LMS.
- Doesn't happen on any particular computer all of the time, so it doesn't appear to be hardware or setting related.
- Browser doesn't seem to matter.
- It cannot be reproduced reliably under any circumstances we have been able to find yet.
Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any ideas for troubleshooting or fixes from the community?